The event started at exactly 6:50pm at the senate room in Block B. An approximate of 50 PHD students from the various disciplines were in attendance from the Economics department, Computer Science, Management, Electrical Engineering Department and Political Science department.
The MC Dr. Yusuf Wasiu opened the event by recognizing the VIPs of the event which included the Vice Chancellor, the dean of PG school, the special advisor to the VC on staff and student affairs, the DVC RICOR, the director of academic planning, the dean and deputy dean of management sciences, the dean of arts and social sciences, the HOD of political science department, the HOD of petroleum and gas engineering and the assistant director of student affairs.
The Vice Chancellor welcomed everyone to the event and expressed his gratitude to everyone in attendance. He intimated the audience on the need to foster cordial relationships between the students and the management in order to ensure continuity.
The audience which comprised of the PHD students were given an opportunity to introduce themselves, the discipline and their places of work while dinner was served.
The students all work at prestigious institutions and organizations in Nigeria not to mention but a few which include
- The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
- The federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS)
- The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)
- The Nigerian Police Force
- The deputy registrar from the Keffi State Polytechnic
- Some of our staff who are lecturers or administrative staff in the university.
- A deputy Director at Economic Community of West African States.
The event ended at 7:40pm as gift packages were shared to the students courtesy of the Nile University Management.